Hodag Pickoff – Battle of The Bands Sign-Up
HODAG COUNTRY FESTIVAL
WISCONSIN STATE CHAMPION COUNTRY BAND CONTEST RULES
- Contestants must be of legal age In the state In which they enter the contest If the contestant is a minor child they must provide a legally signed waiver by parent or guardian.
- Contestants will be responsible for their own expense to and from the local and state contest
- Contestants must perform Country Music In the local and state competition.
- All local contest winners agree to appear at the State Finals. If for some reason a local winner should be unable to appear, the Radio Station or the Hodag Country Festival has the right but not the obligation to replace the local winner not appearing with the 1st runner-up from the local area which would not otherwise be represented. ‘The winner on the State level Is expected to attend the opening ceremonies for the Country Band Contest and the Hodag Country Festival the following year.
- Contestants will be Judged by 5 qua/iRed Judges on appearance, professionalism, preparedness, matedal, audience Interaction, stage presence, musical ability and vocal ability.
- All regional winners will receive at least $250.00 e,ash prize money upon competing at the Finals July 13, 2018 at
the Hodag Count,y Festival.
- The Hodag Country Festival will pay the following prize money at the State Championship contest held In Rhinelander,
Wisconsin: 1st place – $2,500.00, 2nd place – $1,250.00, 3rd place – $750.00, 4th-last place – $250.00.
- The winner will be titled “Wisconsin State Champion Performer(s)” for 1 year from date of winning.
- Winner of the Wisconsin State Band Contest on July 14, 2017 Is responsible for opening the show at noon on Saturday, July 14, 2018, but Hodag Country Festival reserves the right to remove this obligation due to circumstances beyond our control.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners of Regionals will receive free weekend admission to the Hodag Country Festival
July 12, 13, 14, 15, 2018 (Band Members Only- Performers).
- Any regional winner of the Wisconsin State Championship Contest 2018 may not compete In another region for prizes or awards. Contestants who do not win In a region may compete In any of the other regional events with the permission of the radio station sponsor.
- All regional winner band members must be the same members that compete at the State contest. Any changes
must be approved by the Hodag Country Festival Committee.
- Solo contestants must provide own bade-up band If needed. No electronic enhancements.
- State winner at Hodag Country Festival cannot enter contests for 7 years after reign. (example: 2018 winner cannot compete until Spring of 2021.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read the above contest rules and that I will abide by the conditions mentioned above, and further state that I am qualified to sign the contest entry application. I have on the date paid my qualifying entry fee to the sponsoring Radio Stations.
Submit your application to: email@example.com